Decision Day
My initial impression of InDesign was that it would be boring to work with, but that was before I realized what InDesign was used for. I rarely use software editors, so I had no idea that there was a difference between InDesign and Photoshop. My initial impression of Premiere Pro was a bit more exciting than InDesign. Since I knew what Premiere Pro was used for, I was more interested in it.
Now knowing what both InDesign and Premiere Pro are used for, both will help improve my ability to deliver my story. InDesign is used to incorporate a lot of text in the project. It is used for magazines, brochures and flyers. This would become very useful because it would help my magazine look nicer and more organized. Premiere Pro is used to edit videos and making movies. Premiere Pro allows the editor to cut and lengthen specific scenes, and this could be very useful when making the title sequences. Software editing overall allows editors to create art in so many ways. The article, “Our Place in the Universe: The Importance of Story and Storytelling in the Classroom” states, “Technology supports a wealth of storytelling options and can be used to create digital book reviews, digital puppet shows, and even movies with green screen and video-authoring apps.” So, whether I choose a magazine or a film, software editing would improve the quality of the final project.
I have reached the conclusion that my final project shall be a film. Overall, I just think that a film would be more fun than a magazine. I have never been too big of a fan of magazines, but I do enjoy watching movies. Also, I am taking this class to see if I would have an interest in having a career in the field of media. If I did end up choosing a field in media, I would probably decide to go with film because being a magazine publisher also seems incredibly hard. According to the article, “Survival of the fittest: four editors on the future of literary magazines”, “Readership is painfully low, budgets are notoriously tight, and many journals are struggling to stay viable, let alone relevant” Magazine companies struggle with money and some are having difficulty paying their members the amount they deserve. My final reason is that I also believe a movie would be easier to represent a story. The article “Our Place in the Universe: The Importance of Story and Storytelling in the Classroom” explains that, “The brain actually experiences the story in the same way it would as if you were inside the narrative itself.” For me, this wasn’t exactly easy for me. As a child I could come up with stories, but I was never good at telling them. With a movie, I might be able to express my creativity in a better way.Overall, my final decision is to create a film. With the help of Premiere Pro, I should be able to create the opening scene of a film. It was a tough decision, but creating a film just seems more fun and more useful to me than a magazine.


Comments
Post a Comment