Production 1- Editing My Plan (Day 3)
Today is day 3 of working on the portfolio project independently. In the first two days, I did lots of editing to my planner.
During day 1, I called with my friends, who will star in the film, and asked them to help create the script so that it sounds more like them and not like me. First, we got all the introduction dialogue down and timed it to see how many seconds long it was. Sadly, the length was not as long as I had originally thought. So, then I gave my friends two options and asked their opinions on which one would seem like the better choice. The two options were: to extend the introductions or to create a conversation at the end of the two minutes about how the podcast came to be. In the end, we all favored to add the story about the creation of the Awful Waffles Podcast. Also, since I had my actors on the call, I decided to schedule the day to film. After ruling out December 25th, December 27th, December 31st, and January 1st we concluded that December 29th would be the best day for all of us.During day 2, I began adding to my storyboard. I added three scenes that includes the newly added conversation. Luckily, most of the information needed was already figured out during the call with my friends, so all I had to do was put them in words.
Since this week is only half over, I still have much more I plan to get done. By the end of the week, I plan to have a set location for filming and to have all the props needed to start filming.
Over the break I plan to film all my shots and figure out more decisions for the editing portion of this project. For example, what type of music to I want? Who do I need to contact in order for me to use this music? How long should each title card be?

Comments
Post a Comment