Production 3- New Change In Style (Winter Break)
Over winter break I have continued working on the portfolio project independently. During these two weeks I made a major change in the style of my movie, and I also recorded the audio.
It wasn’t until I met in person with my actors when I decided to change the style. When they arrived, I told them all my issues with filming live action and mentioned doing an animation instead. My actors agreed with this decision, and even thought that my film would be funnier because of it.
With the new style in mind, I began designing how I wanted my characters to look. I cropped a random picture so that all was remaining was the head. Then I copied the head, so that I would then have two. I cropped the first picture so that it was the top of the head showing, and I cropped the other so that the bottom of the head was seen. Then, I dragged the head above the mouth so that the head looked exactly like it did before. This allowed me to move the mouth open to make it looked like the character was talking. Finally, I just drew a simple cartoon body beneath the head. I based this style from some of the characters on South Park, like Ike. The next thing I did was record the audio. Some lines were able to be recorded just once, while other lines took three to four times. The main problem was between one of the actors laughing and my bird singing in the background. Luckily, I was able to record all the audio in a decent amount of time. In total, the audio took about a minute and fifty seconds. So that means my film might be a little over two minutes, due to still needing to add the title cards.Finally, I took the photos that I plan to be shown in the title cards. In the photos, I had each actor stand against a wall facing to the left.
I did everything I planned to do over the break. I still must decide what background music I want and who to contact, but I plan to do this in school. I might begin to photoshop the pictures for the title cards and make the cartoon characters, but I also plan to start this when back in school.



Comments
Post a Comment