Production 8- Completed Filming and Checking The Rubric (Day 18)

    Today is Day 18 of working on the portfolio project independently. Luckily, I was finally able to complete my film animation over the weekend. So, all I had to do was make final edits and have some friends give me feedback.

    Last weekend, I made all the animations and added in the audio. To make the animations, I took screenshots of several different slides on PowerPoint, and then attached them all together on the editing software Premiere Pro. This way I created a flowing two minutes. I also wanted to have exactly 2-minutes, so I added a minor end scene to tie it off.


    During day 16compared my film to the rubric. Unfortunately, some of the criteria was not included in my film, but not enough to fail it. I was lacking mise-en-scene. I originally designed my film to have a lack of background because I thought that it would look too crowded, but I suppose I should have added some extra details. Another point on the rubric was that it was made with good quality. This scared me because I designed my film to purposely make it look like bad qualityFor example, I designed my film in a South Park type of way (that transitions between movement were recognizable) instead of a Family Guy way (that transitions between movement were  unrecognizable). Hopefully I won’t get too many points off because I am not able to change this film without needing to restart entirely.

    During day 17, I showed my film to friends and family. Most of the replies I received were more comments instead of feedback. They said that it was good and hilarious, but I wanted more honest and unbiased opinions. So, I showed it to another friend who is also taking AICE media studies. This friend would have been honest if my film sucked because he understands that if I need improvements, it is important that I know about them. After watching it, he agreed with what I stated earlier. I was lacking a lot of mise-en-scene and camera movements. Based off the rubric, we agreed that my film would get a mid 80%. However, he said that it was a film and that I did a good job. 

    During day 18, I made some minor edits by adding a director, writer, and editor title card. But, besides that, I didn’t do much else.

    Tomorrow, day 19, I plan to submit my film into my blog and be done with it as of now. 

Comments