Production 4- Designing Title Cards (Day 8)

    Today is Day 8 of working on the portfolio project independently. For the past three days, I honestly have not done much.

    During day 6, I got photos from my friends to put into my film. However, some of the pictures didn’t show their entire head (which is what I wanted). So, I might use one of my own photos of them instead or ask them to send another.

    During day 7, I began designing my title cards. I took the photos that I captured during winter break and uploaded it into Photoshop. Then, I selected the person in each photo and colored it all black with the brush tool. Finally, I made the image a PNG so that it only showed the silhouette of each cast member and none of the background.

    During day 8, I combined the silhouette PNGs with the Awful Waffles’ Podcast logo. I used Photoshop to combine each of the two images.

    For the rest of the week, I plan to accomplish much more. I plan to design the cartoon characters, add the text onto each title card, and design some other scenes that I have yet to do. By the weekend, I hope to be far enough to begin the actual animating portion. Then, over the weekend, I  hope to achieve at least 1 minute of my film.

    Next week, I plan to complete animating the other minute of my film. I estimate that this would take all week to achieve.

    The week after that, I plan to get feedback from friends and family on my film and make final edits. 

Comments