Production 6- Getting Ready To Film (Day 13)

     Today is Day 13 of working on the portfolio project independently. Sadly, over the weekend I did not complete as much as I would have liked to. The only thing this means is that I need to work harder these next couple of days to keep up with my planner.

    During day 11designed all my characters sitting. I plan on getting everything ready so that I can begin filming on Friday. Also, during this day, I received an answer for how I should make my “technical difficulties” scene. Even though it is short, it requires me to design my own image and recreate the sound.

    During day 12, I practiced seeing how my film would look. I simply took screen shots of my computer and put them together to create a flowing video. Unfortunately, I cropped some of the pictures differently so that the video looked a little weird. Now, I must figure out how to crop each of my images the same way.

    During day 13, I plan to figure out a way to fix my cropping problem and make the technical difficulties sound and beep. Once I have these last three things done, I should be able to begin filming. My film is going to be 2D, and I am going to film it like a stop motion. I chose to film this way because once I get the characters walking up to their chairs, most of the images are going to look the same. For example, when a character is talking, I am able to use the two same pictures to match the audio (when the character’s mouth is open and closed). Hopefully this will save me time, and I don’t have to stay up all weekend trying to get every little movement.

    Overall, I would say that I plan to get everything ready to begin filming by the end of this week. Therefore, over the weekend I can film the two minutes. Then, during the last days before this project is due, I can make final edits. 

Comments